Can you survive alone (or with friends) on an island?
Skyblock is a form of modified Minecraft that presents a more unique challenge than vanilla Minecraft.
Generally, Skyblock is played when a player starts on their own island, a small piece of land hovering over a void, or other deadly hazards. They are tasked with creating their own empire out of a small set of starting resources.
Nerdcrafteria's Skyblock server is reset every 4 months, and we use different plugins to regularly keep things fresh for our players.
If you've never played Skyblock before, it can be an exercise in patience and good humor, as the basics require slow-growing farms and mining stacks and stacks of cobble.
There are loads of videos out there to look up the different kind of resource-generators and mob grinders you can create, as well as how to play the basics of the game. Most Nerdcrafteria players are more than willing to help someone out with the basics, and you can team up with others to build your empire faster.
The more you build, the higher your island level gets, so go ahead and give it a try and see how far up the ladder you can get with your island empire! Also keep an eye out for in-season competitions.
If you ask someone to carry your stuff for you while you reset your island, you will be banned.
Bug and glitch abuse is also bannable, as is harrassing people to join your island.
We reset the Skyblock server completely (islands, money, and challenges all get reset) every 4 months,
so this goes for the current season only:
The current season will run from now until the end of February 2018
Click here for everything you need to know about the current season
We are currently using ASkyblock, with nether islands.
/spawn - Brings you back to the central spawn area with lots of hints and tipsGreenhouses Tutorial
/is - Brings you back to your island, or creates one if you don't own one.
/is cp - Shows a GUI of Useful Commands!
/is ms - Allows you to buy items from the minishop.
/is invite [player] - Invites a player to your team. Note: They lose their island if they accept!
/is kick [player] - Kicks a player from your team.
/is warp [player] - Warps to another player's island.
/is level - Shows your island level, which is based on the blocks on your island and rarer blocks give higher value. The value of blocks changes each season - vines do not currently add to your level.
/is top - Shows the islands with the highest island level.
/c - Shows challenges.
/is restart - Restarts your island.
To build a greenhouse
- Make glass blocks and build a rectangular set of glass walls with a flat roof.
- Put a hopper in the wall or roof.
- Put a door in the wall so you can get in and out.
- Type /greenhouses and get the recipe of your desired biome
- Put the required blocks in place (e.g. for a taiga biome, you would need at least 10% of the floor to be ice, plus grass and 3 log blocks and 3 leaf blocks [e.g. grow a tree inside]
- Type /greenhouses and choose your recipe
- Use bonemeal to grow small plants on grass immediately in the greenhouse.
- Or place bonemeal in the hopper to have the greenhouse sprinkle bonemeal automatically. Come back later to see what grows!
- Place a bucket of water (or more) in the hopper to cause snow to fall in cold biomes. Snow will fall when it rains in the world. Each snowfall empties one bucket of water.
- Friendly biome-specific mobs may spawn in your greenhouse - the usual rules apply (be more than 24 blocks away).
- /greenhouse for the main gui
- /greenhouse help - lists these commands
- /greenhouse make: Tries to make a greenhouse by finding the first valid recipe
- /greenhouse remove: Removes a greenhouse that you are standing in if you are the owner
- /greenhouse list: Lists all the recipes available
- /greenhouse recipe: Displays the recipe GUI - clicking on a recipe will try to make a greenhouse
- Can I use stained glass? Yes, you can. It's pretty.
- Can I fill my greenhouse full of water? Yes. That's an ocean.
- Will a squid spawn there? Maybe... okay, yes it will, if it's a big enough ocean.
- How do I place a door high up in the wall if the wall is all glass? Place it on a hopper.
- How do I place a door on a hopper? Crouch and then place it.
- Can I use metal doors? Yes.
- Can I use a trap door? Yes.
- Can I grow swamp flowers with this? Yes. Make a swamp biome and use bonemeal.
- Can I make slimes? Yes, the swamp biome will spawn slimes using the same method as normal swamps
- How much bonemeal is used to grow plants? One per successful plant.
- How much water do I need to put into the hopper to make it snow? One bucket of water (just the water) is used up every time it rains. This only happens in cold biomes.
- Can I build a Nether greenhouse? Try it and see...
- Can I build greenhouses in the Nether? Yes. You can colonize the nether with them.
- What kind of mobs spawn in the biomes? It's what you would expect, wolves in Cold Taiga, horses on plains, etc.
Shortcut Link: http://dftba.us/skyblockEdited by: Elenna84
Like this page? Want to help out? Read about Submitting to the Wiki