Summer Secret Llama 2017
Howdy everyone! The hotter and longer days signal the start of this year's Summer Secret Llama!!
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ How it Works:
Secret Llama is like other Secret Santa gift exchanges with the exception that it all happens in-game on Nerdcrafteria!
To participate, please follow these steps:
1. Fill out the nifty Secret Llama Registration Form, which can be found here : http://nerdcrafteria.com/forms/secret-llama-summer-2017-registration.68/respond by 11:55 PM (Midnight) June 9th EST.
PLEASE put your actual Minecraft username so that your Secret Llama will not get confused if you have a nickname in-game or have a different forum username. Additionally, thoroughly filling out the interests/favorite sections will greatly help your Secret Llama give you more personalized gifts!
2. You will receive a FORUM PM with another player's name and a copy of their Secret Llama form by June 11th.
If you still haven't received a name by June 12th, please PM Flash or verykirsten regarding it.
3. Starting June 11th, you will need to give at least a gift a week, for 3 weeks, to that person.
The weeks are:
Week 1 - June 11th - 17th
Week 2 - June 18th - 24th
Week 3 - June 25th - July 1st
Please understand that this is a 3 week long event which will ask for a part of your normal play time to prepare and give gifts to someone else. Take a look at your schedule to see if you'd be available for the full duration of the event before you make the commitment to sign up!
Gifts can be put on player’s plots if you make a polite modreq, put in their mailbox if they have one, or somewhere in hidden in Mineworld or the Nether. Be careful if you put things in Mineworld or the Nether though as it may be prone to getting griefed before your Secret Llama gets to it. If you do decide to put something Mineworld or the Nether, it would perhaps be a good idea password lock the chest and simply write in a book the password to the chest so that you can stay anonymous and so that only you and your gift recipient can open the chest.
Please do not reveal yourself before the last week of Secret Llama! We don't want to ruin the surprise!
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ Tips:
- Pay attention to the player you are given in chat or on the forums to get ideas of things they might enjoy receiving.
- If your Secret Llama does not seem to be participating please let us know!! The rule of thumb is if you don’t give any gifts, you won’t receive any. If people go AFK then you may get a new match.
- If you have to go AFK please let us know ASAP. Arrangements can be made for gifts to be held by the Secret Llama team and distributed for you, if you so wish.
- Have fun with it. You don't have to get extravagant gifts for it to be fun. A clever gift is just as fun as an expensive one, if not more so. Rename items, write jokes, riddles, leave personalized notes, a batch of custom fireworks, make a scavenger hunt, make a pixel art for them to find in Mineworld, etc.
- If you learn who someone's Secret Llama is, keep it hush hush! It's best to act like you also have no idea to avoid spilling the beans!
You can also take a look at the Secret Llama discussion threads from previous years to get an idea of the types of gifts you can give:
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ What the Staff CAN and CANNOT do:
We CAN put chests full of goodies on plots for you.
We CAN sign books and/or send mail to your recipient so they know to check their mail or a certain plot for a gift.
We CANNOT add you to your recipient's plot so you can build something there for them. On the off chance they are particular about that plot, had plans for it, etc, and the fact that server policy has ALWAYS been that the plot owner is the only one who can request membership changes we are not able to do this. Suggested Alternative: Build it in Mineworld and offer to build it on one of their plots if they wish.
We CANNOT use World Edit for you.
We CANNOT region something in Mineworld for you. Make liberal use of the ability to password protect chests for your recipient if need be! Remember not to build it too close to reset, in case they don't get on before hand to see it!
If you've participated in previous Secret Llamas, please note that a major change going forward is that you will be unable to gift physical plots anymore. The AreaShop plugin caps the number of plots you can own in a town so there is no way for us to "look the other way" concerning plot ownerships. If you still wish to "buy" a plot for someone, you could give them some gold and maybe a letter saying "For a shiny new plot!".
And that's about everything! For questions ask Flash_fire13 or verykirsten, post your questions here. Once the gift giving starts we will post a dedicated Secret Llama Discussion thread for talking about what you have received.