You know what that means - we've got lots of fun stuff planned for you guys!
Hello everyone~ It's that time of year again - Nerdcrafteria will become one whole year older on September 16!
First - has anyone checked out this mysterious building that appeared in Main on September first?
If you haven't, you can find it at /warp Witchcrafteria - and you can get yourself sorted into Houses based on the four staff towns: the Nerdtropolis Llamas, the Scythian Peaks Miners, the Solaran Gladiators, and the Thistledown Saplings! Want to represent your new House? You can modreq to have your head placed at one of the House tables in the Great Hall~
You can also earn boons for the server by donating specific items for each of the Houses: cake for Nerdtropolis, enchanted books for Thistledown, "broomsticks" (golden shovels) for Solara, and potions for Scythian Peaks. Once you've filled the respective donation meter, please modreq so we can activate the boon!
These boons can't be found in Buycraft, they're special boons specifically for the server's birthday, and you can also donate credits to enhance these boons - the enhancements will be activated once we reach the goal of 250k~
A note: we will no longer be using credits to fundraise for player towns, so feel free to use them here! And if we don't reach the goal, yes, you will have your credits refunded! There is no limit to how many credits you can donate, either! Allll the donations!
The donation meters will be active from September 9th to September 16, but this build, along with the Sorting Hat quiz, will be here to stay!
Contests and Games
We've got two sets of building competitions planned for you guys: cake decorating and one with a surprise theme, decided on by the staff member who runs the contest~ Rules will be similar to our Gardening Competitions back in May, and I'll repost the rules here:
1) You will be given 1 hour to decorate your plot.
2) You may gather resources in Mineworld or use items you already have in storage.
3) We encourage you to terraform your plots, but please do not go outside the wooden slab border!
4) As is the rule with any Mineworld builds, griefing another player's plot is against the rules, and is naturally an automatic disqualification.
5) Once the hour is up, you will be asked to halt all building so the judging can begin.
6) Once the judging has completed, you are welcome to remove any materials you used in building your own plot. Please make sure you remove anything you want to keep, because if it's still there when it comes time for the next contest, we will magic it away and the items will disappear.
Building Contest Prizes
First place will receive 2,000 llamas and a special item! Second place will receive 1,000 llamas, and third place will receive 500 llamas. In addition, everyone will receive a cute little something for participating~
You guys ready to earn some loot? We've prepared a giant present and a giant cake for you guys to snag yourselves some goodies! Once you've been given the go-ahead, dig your heart out and take home whatever you can mine~
Last one standing wins 2,000 llamas and a special item! As with the building competition, everyone who participates will receive a little something as well~
We've got trivia planned both in-game and and on discord, and prizes along with it, so keep an eye out~
And finally, if all that isn't enough for you, we've got a CrashCourse themed staff auction at 4pm EST, September 16!
These chests are based on subjects you'd normally see on the YouTube series CrashCourse! General auction rules below:
General Auction Info:
- /warp auction will lead you there once the chests and decorations are set up.
- All bidding must be done via private message. The staff will make it clear who you should message. Bids made in public chat will not be counted, and could put you at risk of receiving a mute.
- Starting Prices will be 1000 ll for each chests. Bids must increase by 250 llamas per bid, with the increment growing to 1000 llamas per bid once we reach 40k. Please ensure you have the money you are bidding in your account at the time - if you can’t pay after winning, your chest will be sold to the next highest bidder.
- If you plan on bidding as a team, please keep it to 3 players max. Realistically, there is only one special lore item per chest, and there isn’t going to be enough in the chest to split fairly between lots of people.
- Think of your fellow players too. Don't buy more than 2 chests for yourself please.
Schedule of Events
If you need help keeping up with everything, we've got a handy schedule of events right here~ The timing will be generally up in the air, depending on when staff are available, but we hope you guys can catch at least one of these events!
Saturday, September 9
Sunday, September 10
Monday, September 11
Tuesday, September 12
Wednesday, September 13
Thursday, September 14
Friday, September 15
Saturday, September 16
CrashCourse Staff Auction
We hope you guys have fun! Here's to another year, and many more!
-The Staff of Nerdcrafteria