Animal Eggs???

Discussion in 'Player Advice & Discussions' started by M. Peach, Feb 7, 2018.

1. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

I got some lovely animal eggs from my secret llama last year, but I don't know where, how, or under what circumstances they can be used (or if dogs and cats teleport between main and mine like horses, and why don't llamas teleport like horses, I wanted one for the zoo...) Anyway, I had built a zoo that is almost finished to house some of the various species in different biomes. I managed to capture a donkey for the zoo already, and tried to capture a llama (but it wouldn't work), and now I need to find out if I can use the eggs to put animals in the habitats. (The only other thing I lack for the zoo is enough feathers to keep the zoo supplied with guide books.)

Does anyone know how animal eggs work here?

2. Stormy

Stormy Alpaca Lord Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

I can't answer the specifics of why some animals transport by warping and some do not (It has to do with a glitch if I recall correctly, and used to be frowned upon). I'm glad you were able to capture a donkey!

If you are looking to use your eggs, you will need to make a /modreq asking to have the animals spawned in.

3. M. Peach

How do the eggs feature with a modreq? Do I modreq for certain animals in certain locations or what? (This seems a bit more complicated that modreq'ing for a lit fire, but maybe it works the same...) So, should I make individual requests for each animal in their own location then? (I wonder if a llama is a possibility yet...)

4. Stormy

A step by step process of spawning in an animal:
    1. Have the eggs in your inventory.
    2. Make one modreq.
    3. Show the staff member where you want each animal spawned in.
    4. Enjoy your animals.

If you make more than one modreq it gets a bit spammy, so like modreqs for fire, only do one each time you would like a set of animals spawned.

5. M. Peach

Thank you very much. That helps a lot! My zoo will finally be complete (without the llama though, since I don't have a llama egg and couldn't catch one). :)
    One more question, about the dogs I often see in mineworld, are any of them spawned this way or were they all tamed in mineworld itself?

6. Stormy

There are wild wolves in Mineworld, but people are welcome to modreq to spawn in wolf eggs in Mineworld as well.

7. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

As an addendum, would it be possible to spawn an animal in riding something, like a cat riding a minecart?

8. Stormy

It depends on the situation. The way staff have to spawn in the animals is a bit odd, so it depends on the situation. I'm sure we're able in theory to spawn in a cat riding a minecart, it's just a matter of figuring out how.

9. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

That's nice to know. Thanks!

10. M. Peach

Thank you for all the information! The zoo is (nearly) complete (still no llama). For those who were interested in how to spawn animal eggs like I was, you should know that one egg spawns just one animal. After the process the egg is gone, so I'm guessing that if you want more of the same animal you have to have more eggs...

So, now the question is... how could my Secret Llama get the eggs in the first place? Is that something you buy with real money?

11. Horsefun

Horsefun Potato Taster Nerdfighter

You can buy eggs via the vote shop!

12. M. Peach

Vote shop? (I don't know anything about that whole side of things here... Is there someplace that explains that part of Nerdcrafteria?)

Okay, I see "Vote Shop" in the wiki. That answers that.

13. Stormy

If anyone else is interested, here's the page!