Maintenance/Issues Yet another hardware upgrade is coming.

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Amsterdom, Oct 3, 2012.

By Amsterdom on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  1. Amsterdom

Amsterdom Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Hello everyone! :D

Due to the wonderful amount of donations we're able to upgrade the server's hardware.
    Expect the server to go down sometime tonight or tomorrow.

For those interested:We're upgrading from the Intel Xeon E3-1270 to the Intel Xeon E3-1270 v2 (Ivy Bridge)
    and we're also getting 2x the amount of ram that we have, from 16gb to 32gb.

Hopefully this doesn't take more than a couple of hours, and we apologize for the downtime :)

-Dom

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Amsterdom, Oct 3, 2012.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. aikoels
      aikoels
      Any other upgrade, e.g. port? or did we upgrade the hdd, or do we not need a larger hdd (depending on the amount of space the server is)
    2. Amsterdom
      Amsterdom
      we're not going to upgrade the port just yet, people haven't had any problem connecting, or staying connected. It's the cpu usage that's our issue. As far as the harddrive.. we have a 120gb SSD which is more than enough for what we need, we're currently at a 17gb footprint with SQL and backups :)
    3. ComplacentDude
      ComplacentDude
      YAY! I am so looking forward to haveing less crashes and lag. I will finally be able to build reliable redstone stuff
    4. Kaithar
      Kaithar
      Are the crashes being caused by OoM or some other exception?
    5. TicTacChlo
      TicTacChlo
      Sometimes (a lot, like at least once an hour) My minecraft crashes, the whole minecraft not just the server, and nobody else does. Will this help with that? I have limited experience on other servers, but it never happened the times i played on them. Got minecraft a few days before nerdcrafteria official launch.
    6. aikoels
      aikoels
      Nope, this is for the server, what happens with you is a client error.
    7. mirinatf
      mirinatf
      Yay for upgrades! :D
    8. aikoels
      aikoels
      Also, just from a non-price standpoint, you should go for the v2, but if it is a huge amount more/not possible it shouldn't really matter too much
    9. Islid
      Islid
      Not to my knowledge. My understand from Dom is that it is primarily plugin conflicts.
    10. Kaithar
      Kaithar
      Hmm, that's a bit troubling ... need to get those bugs ironed out :)
    11. Plaaank
      Plaaank
      woo! Yay upgrades! \o/
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.