Server Event Winter Secret Llama 2016!

Discussion in 'Server News' started by verykirsten, Nov 27, 2016.

By verykirsten on Nov 27, 2016 at 4:00 AM
  1. verykirsten

verykirsten Collector of Purple Things Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲

Winter Secret Llama 2016

[​IMG]

As the days get shorter and chillier, it signals the beginning of Nerdcrafteria's Annual Gift Exchange: Secret Llama!

✲´*。.❄ How it works:

Secret Llama is like other Secret Santa gift exchanges with the exception that it all happens in-game on Nerdcrafteria! You will be assigned another Nerdcrafter to whom you will give 3 gifts to over the course of 3 weeks. Gifts can vary from chests full of renamed items, to substantial monetary endowments, intricate art or literary pieces, carefully crafted quests, to Buycraft packages, and so much more! And while you're secretly crafting presents for someone else, someone will be secretly creating presents for you!!

To participate, please follow these steps:

1. Fill out the nifty Secret Llama Registration Form, which can be found here -> http://nerdcrafteria.com/forms/secret-llama-winter-2016-registration.58/respond by 11:55 PM December 9th EST.
    Dec 9th - 8:55 PM PST, 10:55 PM CST
    Dec 10th - 2:55 AM BRST, 4:55 AM GMT, 5:55 AM CET, 3:55 PM
    AEDT

PLEASE put your actual Minecraft username so that your Secret Llama will not get confused if you have a nickname in-game or have a different forum username! Additionally, filling out any interests or fun facts about yourself will help your Secret Llama get a better idea of what you like and formulate gift ideas! If you put "idk, anything" or something really vague like "books", your Secret Llama may have a difficult time thinking of a gift for you that you will like! D: Instead, you could put something like "tulips and sunflowers, renamed objects, RoosterTeeth shows, the Big Bang Theory, The Fault in Our Stars, SciShow, BBC's Sherlock, a book of riddles, pixel art".

2. You will receive a FORUM PM with another player's name and a copy of their Secret Llama form by December 11th.

If you still haven't received a name by Dec. 12th, please PM flash_fire13 or verykirsten regarding it.

3. Starting December 11th you will need to give at least 1 gift a week, for 3 weeks, to that person.

The weeks are:
    Week 1 - December 11th - 17th
    Week 2 - December 18th - 24th
    Week 3 - December 25th - 31st

Gifts can be put on player’s plots if you make a polite modreq, put in their mailbox if they have one, or somewhere in hidden in Mineworld or the Nether. Be careful if you put things in Mineworld or the Nether though as it may be prone to getting griefed before your Secret Llama gets to it. If you do decide to put something Mineworld or the Nether, it would perhaps be a good idea password lock the chest and simply write in a book the password to the chest so that you can stay anonymous and so that only you and your gift recipient can open the chest.

Please do not reveal yourself before the last week of Secret Llama! We don't want to ruin the surprise!

✲´*。.❄ Tips:

• Pay attention to the player you are given in chat or on the forums to get ideas of things they might enjoy receiving.
    • If your Secret Llama does not seem to be participating please let us know!! The rule of thumb is if you don’t give any gifts, you won’t receive any. If people go AFK then you may get a new match.
    • If you have to go AFK please let us know ASAP. Arrangements can be made for gifts to be held by the Secret Llama team and distributed for you, if you so wish.
    • Have fun with it. You don't have to get extravagant gifts for it to be fun. A clever gift is just as fun as an expensive one, if not more so. Rename items, write jokes, riddles, leave personalized notes, a batch of custom fireworks, make a scavenger hunt, make a pixel art for them to find in Mineworld, etc.
    • If you learn who someone's Secret Llama is, keep it hush hush! It's best to act like you also have no idea to avoid spilling the beans.
    • Be sure to sign your gift in someway so your person knows exactly what is from their Secret Llama!
    • Need gift ideas? Check out previous Secret Llama discussion threads:
    http://nerdcrafteria.com/threads/secret-llama-discussion-thread.5231/
    http://nerdcrafteria.com/threads/secret-llama-discussion-thread.8434/
    http://nerdcrafteria.com/threads/summer-secret-llama-discussion-thread.9339/

✲´*。.❄ What the Staff CAN and CANNOT do:
    • We CAN put chests full of goodies on plots for you.
    • We CAN tell you what towns your recipient owns plots in.
    • We CAN sign books and/or send mail to your recipient so they know to check their mail or a certain plot for a gift.

• We CANNOT add you to your recipient's plot so you can build something there for them. On the off chance they are particular about that plot, had plans for it, etc, and the fact that server policy has ALWAYS been that the plot owner is the only one who can request membership changes we are not able to do this.
    • We CANNOT World Edit something from Creative or one of your plots to a Secret Llama plot for you.
    • We CANNOT region something in Mineworld for you. Make liberal use of the ability to password protect chests for your recipient if need be! Remember not to build it too close to reset, in case they don't get on before hand to see it!
    Please note that you will be unable to gift physical plots. The AreaShop plugin caps the number of plots you can own in a town so there is no way for us to "look the other way" concerning plot ownerships. :( If you still wish to "buy" a plot for someone, you could give them some gold and maybe a letter saying "For a shiny new plot!".

And that's about everything! For questions ask flash_fire13 or verykirsten, post your questions here. DFTBA!

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲
    Credit to snowyantlers on Tumblr for the snowing forest GIF

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News' started by verykirsten, Nov 27, 2016.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. QuestionTues_FTW
      QuestionTues_FTW
      I'm pretty bad at gifting, but I'm gonna give this a try! :D
    2. Ardanna
      Ardanna
      I had a lot of fun last time I was Secret Llama, so count me in this year as well!!
    3. palinalif
      palinalif
      Am going to participate this time, woooo~ PREPARE YOURSELF SL I WILL GIVE YOU CUTE THINGS <3
    4. TimeSorceror
      TimeSorceror
      Hmm. I guess I should start farming wool again. I always seem to use tons of it in my SL builds. XD
    5. PerfectFlaw
      PerfectFlaw
      I am irrationally excited for SL. :D
    6. tomsk31
      tomsk31
      I am ready :D. My nickname is changed. Form is submitted. Be ready, secret llama, for stuff.
    7. Gloindin
      Gloindin
      Okay i am ready :D got all the same stuff done, except for nickname those are impossible to figure out. I can't wait to use my new skills I have received from months of playing minecraft to give my Secret Llama a [Redacted]
    8. Abros
      Abros
      Argh! I haven't been playing enough lately - need to decide by December 9th whether or not I can be active enough over the duration to participate. :eek:
    9. flash_fire13
      flash_fire13
      DOOOO ITTT!!! :D
    10. flash_fire13
      flash_fire13
      SL assignemnts have been sent out. If you did not get one, please pm me and verykirsten here on the forums. :D
    11. verykirsten
      verykirsten
      Hello friends~ Week 2 begins today! If you have not received a gift for week 1, please let Flash and me know. Also, a reminder that you do not need to wait for us to be online to deliver your gift - any of the mods will be able to help with delivering gifts, as long as you let them know who your SL is (unless, of course, they're your SL ;))
    12. verykirsten
      verykirsten
      Hey guys, hope you all had a good Christmas, or a good weekend if you don't celebrate :) Just a reminder that it is now week 3, and y'all can start revealing yourselves! The last day of secret llama is December 31!
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.