What your taste in pizza says about you

Discussion in 'Non Sequitur' started by Nodred, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Nodred

Nodred Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Gentlenerds,

Have you ever read the newspaper and found one of those horoscopes in them, by which the editor deducts from the month you were born what kind of personality you have and what will befall you the coming month? If you're anything like me, you know these horoscopes are usually false, obviously. The month you were born and the position of our stars says nothing about you. The fault, dear Nerds, is not in our stars, but in our taste, in the Gods' divine food!

I studied at the university for Pizzalogy in Rome, Illinois, on the fine art of predicting the future through pizza. Did you know that what pizza your favorite is says a lot about your personality? If you don't believe me, post your favorite pizza below, and I will predict your pizza-horoscope!

*DISCLAIMER: I do not mean anything I say in this or below posts, 's all just a big joke P: I won't say any mean things, but don't take your pizza horoscope seriously please, and please don't blame me if the results are false.

DISCLAIMER 2: Also because of a technical error I can not correctly predict your personality if your favorite pizza is pizza Hawaii.
    Seriously? How can pineapple be your favorite? Please discuss any questions about this error in QT's thread on pineapple on pizza here: http://nerdcrafteria.com/threads/pineapple-on-pizza.11300/

2. Elenna84

Elenna84 Pig Jockey Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Just the service I never knew I needed!

My all time favourite American pizza is pepperoni, sausage, olives, & pepper. Or if I'm in Europe and going for a classic Italian, it has to be Pizza Marinara (tomatoes, oregano, olive oil, and garlic).

Does this mean my pizza horoscope & fortunes change as I travel the world? Advice needed please!

3. Nodred

Some of us may feel conflicted from time to time which pizza truly belongs to us. As our worlds around us change, we may even feel like the tastes we've always called our own aren't ours anymore! It may find you consolidation that even though we humans are complicated beings, pizza is our image of perfection, and there is only one pizza that truly represents ourselves. Especially with lovers of the classic root tastes of pizzas, like Marinara is, the conflict may tell you that who you strive to be isn't who you actually are.

You strive to be a Pizza Marninara, the lovers of whom are commonly known as classic and traditional romanticists. You find the stories of old romantic, endearing, and inspiring: saga's of lost lovers who against all odds strive to be together! Heroes and kings, monsters and villains, the stories we contrive! What you wouldn't give to be in one, to be one of those heroes, in your own way! And thus this is the image you project in your daily life, as chivalrous and brave and always polite: true gentlemen/gentlewomen/gentleothers. But why? Why do these stories inspire you so much?

Enter the pizza pepperoni-pepper. You may have never realised it, but the chivalry inside you isn't an end: it's a means. What you truly want is to achieve something, be it change, love, or advancing your career. The pepperoni-pizza's are fiery with life and ambition, always burning in their heart, and once they have a goal they never lose sight of it. Some pepperoni-pizza's are chaotic in their endless ambition, and do not shy from any means to make it happen, but not you. You realise that the means to an end do matter. It is with your secondary pizza that you make your aspirations come true: through kindness and manners, in a lawful way, you aspire to create a better life, patiently, one step at a time. You generally avoid conflict, but never give up.

You can be harsh on yourself. When your gentleman/woman/otherly ambitions reach a brick wall, you may feel the need to backfire a bit. Criticism hurts you a lot sometimes. That is tough to deal with, but do not deviate from your classic style, because the way you treat others makes them feel valueable and loved - and the others around you are always there to help you complete your dreams.

4. TheLawnStink

TheLawnStink Potato Taster Nerdfighter

I'm a calzone kind of guy. It's not pizza to some, but to me, it is. It's just folded in on itself. I like getting Italian sausage, bacon strips, and pepperoni in it. When I have a conventional pie, I prefer Capocollo, bacon, feta, and black olives.

5. Elenna84

Elenna84 Pig Jockey Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Wow - I'm glad I asked now!

6. Nodred

(sorry it took me a bit to reply)

Pizza's come in all shapes and sizes, just like humans, and as with humans it is not the outside that matters: it's who you are on the inside that counts. The Pizza Calzone lovers take that even to a literal level.

Italian sausage, bacon stips, pepperoni: you are a meat lover, and meat lovers don't compromise on the things dear to them. Pepperoni pizzas are known as passionate, but supplement that with an even wider arrangement of meat and you get a hard headed perserverant fighter who will get what they want. When a problem stops you, you will tackle it head-on. People around you praise you for your perseverance and not being a pushover, but sometimes you lose sight of the greater picture. Take a step back, see what you have done, and what is still ahead of you: and realise that sometimes the best way to go over a wall is not to climb it, but to step around it.

Also, while pies are delicious, and a truly great substitute should pizza be unavailable for any reason (such as bad harvests or an allergy to tomatoes), pies do not have the predictive properties associated with your soul. Only the most sacred food granted to Aeneas by the ancient Goddess of Pizza can hold your future, and save our taste buds from sin.