Scheduled Server/Forum Maintenance The Llama Update! (1.11) Sunday, May 14th - 10am EST

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Kelsey, May 11, 2017.

By Kelsey on May 11, 2017 at 3:58 PM
  1. Kelsey

Kelsey Professional Blanket Burrito Staff Member Head Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

1.11 is now live!

[​IMG]

:ftl: Everyone hold onto your hats... because 1.11 is coming! :ftl:

We will be updating the server version on Sunday, May 14th around 10am EST. We only anticipate the server being down for around an hour, barring any unforeseen issues. We will keep you guys informed of the progress that day on this post and on Twitter and Tumblr.

Please note: Mineworld will also be reset during the update, so be prepared to clear any things out beforehand.

Thank you and see you on the other (llama) side!

-The Staff of Nerdcrafteria

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News' started by Kelsey, May 11, 2017.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Ellenistic
      Ellenistic
      *crosses fingers that the Survival reset was just waiting for the update to 1.11*
    2. tomsk31
      tomsk31
      Eeeeeeeeee! Excited! (Halp, what else came out in 1.11, guys?)
    3. verykirsten
    4. tomsk31
      tomsk31
      LLAMAS! Also, shulker boxes and awesomeness.
    5. Mijna
      Mijna
      1.11 gives Illagers and woodland mansions, llamas, shulker boxes, totem of the undying, and exploration maps.
      1.11.1 gives the ability to smelt tools down to nuggets (starter gear to iron nuggets), sweeping edge enchantment, and attack range indicator.
      1.11.2 was just a bunch of bug fixes.
    6. biteland
      biteland
      ok we are going to have to judge edge town a bit early then
    7. Ellenistic
      Ellenistic
      Hurm, will the vip kits be changed if those diamond sets can me melted down to general diamond nuggets?
    8. tomsk31
      tomsk31
      (I don't think it can be done with diamond)
    9. Mijna
      Mijna
      Yeah, just iron and gold. And you get one nugget per item and nine nuggets to a bar. It would take 9 starter kits to make 4 iron bars. Not a super efficient process.
    10. SquiggleTag
      SquiggleTag
      I think the real question we should be asking is how much Llamas would a Llama be worth? :p
    11. M. Peach
      M. Peach
      And I have a place in the zoo I'm building reserved just for a llama!
    12. Stormy
      Stormy
      Finally I shall have my alpacca llama army!
    13. Coolpeepsunite
      Coolpeepsunite
      1.11 also adds Observer blocks, which send out a redstone pulse when they detect block changes in front of them. This can be used for things like detecting when crops grow for an automatic farm, as well as a million other things.
    14. Mijna
      Mijna
      Didn't list that because I think by definition that block is against code of conduct. I know BUDs aren't allowed and I think that replaces them. Maybe it does it in a more server friendly way to be allowed. But I am not sure.
    15. Abros
      Abros
      French The Llama how did I miss this yesterday. Oh My Days thought there'd be more of a head's up. So excited.
    16. Gloindin
      Gloindin
      Yeah their use as update detectors for auto farms would undoubtedly be not allowed. However they are useful for many other redstone contraptions. vertical redstone, monostable circuits, t flip flops, and getting signals from things like string, not on a tripwire, redstone ore or pretty much anything that can be changed.
      Also in 1.11.2 Firework Rockets work with elytra to make boosters!!!
    17. Oranges13
      Oranges13
      Hey Mods! Would it be possible next time something of this magnitude occurs to send out a PM to everyone via the forums? I was on a business trip and didn't happen to check the forums to see about the early Mine reset and lost my entire shop. I have my PM's set to go to my email so I can at least stay up to date of serious issues for this reason. Thanks, just a consideration for the next big update :)
    18. QuestionTues_FTW
      QuestionTues_FTW
      That would be such a huge task to do that xD
    19. Oranges13
      Oranges13
      The only reason I suggest it is that other forums I'm a member of allow you to get "announcements" from the admin staff, I was hoping something like that would be available for use in a case like that.

At the very least, given the magnitude of the update, more than a 3-day notice would be appreciated.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.