Secret Llama Winter 2016 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by verykirsten, Dec 11, 2016.

1. verykirsten

verykirsten Collector of Purple Things Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Please feel free to use this thread to post about your Secret Llama experiences, presents and anything else Secret Llama related!

Just a few thread ‘rules’:
    Don’t reveal who you are giving presents to
    Don’t try to speculate who your Secret Llama is
    Don't ask for gift ideas relating to specific interests of your Secret Llama
    Please post any general questions about Secret Llama on the news post

2. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

I received a letter in my mailbox telling me that my SL had left something for me on my museum plot. This surprised me, as my SL was surprisingly quick to start.
    I went to my plot and found this right by the entrance:
    2016-12-11_18.28.53.png 2016-12-11_18.28.56.png

Aside from the Towel in the center (which is now on display inside my home in Solara) and the other things inside, the two books explained that I had other things to look forward to today (along with the lamentation that they didn't quite know about many of the things on my SL list, which is probably a common issue for SL in general), the first of which was to visit Arthur Dent's house.

Inside Mr. Dent's house, I found this:
    2016-12-11_18.33.32.png

Sadly, this next book's claim that Mr. Dent's home was soon to be demolished turned out to be quite accurate, and I didn't get any pictures of it beforehand. It was nice, if a bit plain, but that's what Mr. Dent's tastes are like so... oh well.
    Aside from that, I was told to find the Heart of Gold to try and go somewhere:
    2016-12-11_18.36.42.png 2016-12-11_18.37.17.png

I found the Heart of Gold, but nobody was on board. The above items were nice (although the boats were a bit superfluous as fly was on at the time). This next book apologized for continuing to miss me and told me to meet up with Marvin, who had a message for me. They also "apologized" for how Marvin looked, which seemed a bit mean to Marvin. But, then again, as he is permanently depressed with "a brain the size of a planet", I realized that Marvin probably wouldn't have been much more upset than usual.

So, I went ahead and met up with Marvin:
    2016-12-11_18.39.11.png 2016-12-11_18.40.17.png
    There was another book, which suggested that we meet up at the Restaurant at the End of the World. And so I flew on down there:
    2016-12-11_18.42.27.png 2016-12-11_18.42.51.png 2016-12-11_18.43.00.png
    This was a lot of materials for one gift! Thank you for the gifts and the story, SL!
    Also, aside from Mr. Dent's home (may it rest in pieces), I'm planning on leaving these builds up for a couple of days before dismantling them, in case anyone else wants to see them.
    Here are the coordinates:
    Heart of Gold (251,65,-159)
    Marvin (476,69,-158)
    Restaurant at the End of the World (756,63,-163)

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Ardanna

Ardanna Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Marvin is so cute!!

4. WildWitch12

WildWitch12 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

So my Secret Llama is super speedy! I received mail today telling me I had something waiting for me on my Solara plot from my SL. So I rushed over to find a chest! It had much-needed materials that I can use to finally (hopefully) finish my build on my Nerdtropolis plot! Thank you so much Secret Llama these will definitely be put to good use :) They also left me a cute little note telling me that exciting things are to come in the next few weeks and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what else they have in store for me!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  5. Gloindin

Gloindin Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Well i was working on my own SL gift, shh secret, when i was messaged and told to check my Endershop plot. So i did and here was the result.
    2016-12-13_12.48.32.png
    Cauldron = Pewter Cauldron
    Dragon Breath = Felix Felicis, I should Definatly use some of that when I go mining.
    Yellow Carpet = Hufflepuff Scarf
    Leather Helmet = Wizard's Hat
    Leather tunic and pants = Robes
    Leather boots = shoes
    End Rod = Wand
    From left to right top to bottom the discs are Oh JK Rowling, This isn't Hogwarts, Open letter to the wizards, Book 8 wait what there is another one :D , Harry Potter Song, Harry freaking Potter, Accio Deathly Hallows.
    Thank you so much Secret Llama this is awesome :D

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  6. palinalif

palinalif Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

... Okay, my SL is really really cool :O
    I opened my mailbox, and found a message telling me to open the chest on my NT plot, which I did and I found.. this!!
    [​IMG]
    They are mostly hamilton related, which is just... yessss thank you so much <3
    Furnace: I'm watching it burn
    White tulip: Helpless
    Books and quills: The Reynolds Pamphlet
    Cyan glass panes: Who lives who dies
    Light blue glass panes: Who tells your story
    White.. flower.. things? upper part: Winter's ball
    White flower things lower part: Say no to this
    Horse armor (both): Motherlode
    Golden apple: You'll be back
    (these next three items are here because knitting/sewing)
    String: Yarn
    End rod: Knitting needle
    Tripwire hook: Stitch Marker
    (aaaand back to Hamilton)
    Blaze Powder: Hamilton Mixtape (yesss)
    Strength potion: Take a SHOT! (I really enjoy this one)
    To my SL: Thank you thank you thank you! (I know that there was something written in the book, am waiting until tomorrow~)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  7. PerfectFlaw

PerfectFlaw Ferocious Cinnamon Roll Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Aaahhhh my SL is so great <3 <3 <3 look at all of this wonderfulness.
    I was given coordinates to travel to, and found an awesome pixel art polar bear! :D I LOVE pixel art, so that would have been amazing by itself, but there was a chest at his feet FULL of goodies! Screenshots in the spoiler below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you Secret Llama! :D Can't wait for next week now. <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • List
  8. clairehead

clairehead Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

I got two equally adorable gifts from my SL!
    [​IMG]
    The first is a paint kit - the paper is named Canvas, the feather's Paint Brush, and all the dyes are paint colours!
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, my virtual paint kit is far superior

The second gift is a Doctor Who themed chest! I won't type them all out, but everything is named after an item/reference from Doctor Who, and there's a lapis TARDIS as well!
    [​IMG]
    My SL is super creative, I love these gifts :D

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. TimeSorceror

TimeSorceror Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

So when I logged in today I visited my Solara mailbox (as I usually do during SL times) and found the latch to be closed!

I had a gift waiting for me! Naturally I fished it out and trekked out into the wilds of Mineworld towards the coordinates they had sent me to find...

2016-12-15_13.23.13.png

A baby dragon waiting for me, along with a chest full of a bit of the dragon's hoard!

2016-12-15_13.32.33.png

Whoo! Now I have some "wings" of my own! (And half a stack of gold. :D) Thanks so much for that, SL! I'm glad they're looking forward to making me more gifts, because the way they worded their letters implied that they know me and they're really excited to be my SL. <3 <3

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  10. snailespionage

snailespionage Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

i had a really terrible night and i logged on kind of in a bad way but then i found this CHEST in my small jungle apartment and i GASPED AUDIBLY
    [​IMG]

but then it got even better! because inside there were items!!
    [​IMG]

all of the plants are "Leafy Greens", the sword is "Blade of the Lizard Queen" and has all my favorite enchants on it, and the head is "Crown of the Lizard Queen"... i have three lizards irl so i am quite literally the Lizard Queen. there is also a book of jokes.

i am beyond thankful for this!!! and really excited to see the rest of the month happen

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  11. Ardanna

Ardanna Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Logged on today to find a message from my Secret Llama. The message said to go to -493 -422 in Mineworld, so I did, and I found this beautiful barn waiting for me. (picture 1) Inside the barn was Nyanko-Sensei, a pretty horse, an adorable black rabbit, jeb sheep, a piggie, and a puppy. And a chest full of goodies!

Thank you, SL!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  12. QuestionTues_FTW

QuestionTues_FTW Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

So I was just about to start my busy day when I got a message from somebody on Discord (it was relayed from my SL) that I've been SLed. As I was eating breakfast at the time, I hurried to finish my breakfast and log on. I was told to go to the nether, where there would be a chest waiting for me, and sure enough, there was.

2016-12-17_08.24.45.png
    This Pokeball made out of items put in a chest is very impressive! None of the items are named anything special by the way. :p
    For a week one gift that's this late, it's impressive! I hope the next two weeks are awesome!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  13. Star.5

Star.5 Cave Explorer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

So I hopped on earlier today and got a book in the mail and..
    2016-12-17_21.50.27.png
    Goodness SL o.o .. Thanks sooo much.. :eek: <3

I'm a bit at a blank on what to say and I reallly hope I'm reading the book right lol.
    But either way, Thanks so much x100 :tinyheart::tinyheart::tinyheart: And no worries on any delays and such :]

-Runs around- I have no idea on how anything works XP

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. ThatRedhead

ThatRedhead Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P.

I can't believe my SL accomplished so much already...

It all started with a letter in my mailbox that directed me to a lil locked chest with a sign on it that mysteriously read "SL.exe" in the lower right corner. Inside, some redstone and instructions to dig a bit into the network.

A bit of digging straight down (lol) led me to this:
    [​IMG]

And from there, a complex network of "computers" began to unfold. I had a ridiculous amount of fun discovering and unlocking each one, and there was this fun redstone puzzle too!
    [​IMG]

Even better, an intriguing plotline involving mystical beasts that leave some pretty nasty charring patterns began to unfold, until I found the latest scene of activity from the beast:
    [​IMG]

There was also something about an egg, but this storyline has yet to unfold...

All in all, super fun! Plus lots of goodies :DD
    [​IMG]

The computer network part is inspired by Hacknet.exe (super awesome game), a Linux emulator hacking game with a really cool story. Similarly, SL.exe has an interesting plot line unfolding, based on none other than the Inheritance Cycle (favorite book series). This gift went WAY beyond my expectations, and I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you so much to my SL <3 I love how you were able to incorporate this all into one ball of amazingness! :D

I don't even know how they'll top this next week. Can't wait to see how these storylines unfold!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • List
  15. Stormy

Stormy Alpaca Lord Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Woke up this morning to a very pleasant surprise from my Secret Llama. I went to the coordinates, and found an adorable theatre!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Along with the adorable sheep friends, I came across this chest full of goodies!
    [​IMG]
    Named items:
    Flowers: Edelweiss
    Elytra: Defying Gravity
    Boots: ~Popular~ Shoes
    Roses: Masqurade!
    Firework: Blessed Hand Grenade

Enchanted Books:
    Silk Touch I
    Power V

Thank you so much, and I can't wait to see what you get up to this week!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  16. WildWitch12

WildWitch12 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator

Okay I am a few days late in posting this but my Secret Llama is insanely on top of things because I got my 2nd gift like just a few days after the first one. And omg it was so much fun! I was told there was a chest for me waiting on my Nerdtropolis plot, so I rushed over to check it out. And I forgot to take a screenshot of the chest before removing things and whatnot because I'm a dumb but basically there was a note in there from my Secret Llama and some supplies I'll get to in a minute. So the note told me that winter is coming (don't I know it) and it's time for me to head north to prepare. They left me some helpful supplies for the journey including food, some potions, and a boat.

I began my journey at mineville spawn and headed North until I hit the docs.

[​IMG]

From there, I got out my boat and continued North until I hit land.

[​IMG]

Once ashore, I traveled West until I reached my adorably cozy little cabin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was able to rest for a bit and restock my supplies.

[​IMG]

But then it was time to make the final leg of my journey. I climbed the mountain to the highest point, knowing that it was there that I would spot my destination.

[​IMG]

So I made my way over. I swam up the waterfall for a bit (only in Minecraft, amirite?) and was able to make use of the ladders for the last stretch. Finally, I was at the top! One final chest awaited me.

[​IMG]

So many cute things! I now have my very own direwolf ( :):):)), a door called "hold the door" (*cries for 20 minutes*), a record, ice block, and magma block for "A Song of Ice and Fire," and more things including all of Game of Thrones' famous named swords and special enchantments for each that match their individual "personalities" and lore! Secret Llama, so much work must have gone into this and I had so much fun with it! This was awesome, you're awesome, thank you so much <3

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. OZG

OZG Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

Sorry it took so long to post it here, but I was super happy with the chest my SL gave me - thank you so much!
    [​IMG]
    I loved all of the references, which included Doctor Who, Portal, Inside Out (the fireworks) and Harry Potter! In celebration I set off some of the fireworks atop the temple in EM.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you so much, SL! Looking forward to this week's gift!

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

This week's gift was a bit brief, but still very nice. Especially with their comment suggesting ideas for the museum.
    2016-12-20_20.41.23.png 2016-12-20_20.45.23.png 2016-12-20_20.45.40.png 2016-12-20_20.45.51.png
    To whomever my SL is, take as much time as you need. School is much more important.
    And thanks for the ideas. Someone else has suggested Myst, and I definitely would like to include it, considering how few people probably remember (or have heard of) such an old game. That being said, I haven't played Myst myself, so I'm not entirely sure if I could do a good job building it. That goes double for the other ideas, unfortunately. Even so, thanks for the ideas, and I'll look into them. I look forward to the next week!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Xieandra

Xieandra Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

So I know I'm late but ...meh xD

For my first SL I got a letter from Gandalf telling me to go look for a snowy mounain that overlooks the swamp near mine spawn. After a bit of searching an climbing I found a lovely treehouse with a doublechest full of gardening supplies :)

I even found a dog in the House who guards it .
    (Pictures will follow later)

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Xieandra

Xieandra Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

db9cfb002d.jpg 075422c617.jpg c774529b88.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List