Pineapple on Pizza?

Discussion in 'Non Sequitur' started by QuestionTues_FTW, Feb 27, 2017.

Pineapple on Pizza?

1. Yes!

51.4%
  2. No!

45.7%
  3. I'm oblivious.

2.9%
  1. QuestionTues_FTW

QuestionTues_FTW Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Because people keep bringing up the remark that the President of Paliland (Iceland) made about this topic in and around NC, I think we should settle this once and for all.

Play nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

I mean..I've never tried it...So I dunno.

3. SquiggleTag

SquiggleTag YouBert's Pet Human Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

I say no!
    and my arguments for this are:
    1. Pineapple has such a weird flavour, it doesn't really go with any other traditional pizza topping.
    2. Who puts fruit on a pizza? (you could argue that tomato is a fruit, but that is beyond the point)

4. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Tomato is a fruit.

5. Gloindin

Gloindin Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

I have tried pinneaple on pizza before. didn't like it. Though maybe that was because my sister did not make sure that pinneaple as not juicy, it just soaked the whole pizza, eueu

6. TurnDownTheAC

TurnDownTheAC Cave Explorer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Yes, because it tastes good.

7. Ferg5000

Ferg5000 Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Yes, Hawaiian Pizza is a great flavor (not my favorite, but definitely one I like)

8. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Yes! It's especially good with ham... though, I don't usually like pineapple with ham :/ ... it's especially good on pizza! And yes, Gloindin, your sister was doing it wrong. Soggy pizza is always bad!

9. Banesidhe

Banesidhe Floofy Lifetime V.I.P.

Pepperoni and Pineapple is delicious. Also, Papa John's makes a delicious Chicken and Pineapple with barbecue sauce pizza. I don't understand WHY it tastes so good, but it does.

Although, apparently, there's a movement from the peoples of Hawaii to have the name changed. They don't appreciate the association.

10. merlin_medieval

merlin_medieval Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Pineapple is delicious! It does depend on what flavour pizza it is. I'm not sure I'd like pineapple on a spicy pizza.

11. biteland

biteland Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

12. TheLawnStink

TheLawnStink Potato Taster Nerdfighter

I'm saying no, because I think pizza and expect it to be savory, not sweet, and certainly not sweet like a fruit.

At the same time, I have heard of even weird toppings, like eggplant, and...scrambled eggs. Needless to say, this was from a local pizza place that is no longer in business to my knowledge

13. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

I've had egg and potatoes on pizza and enjoyed it. There's even a bizarre pizza place in my town that serves a Bahn Mi pizza (with barbecue pork, not pate) that's really nice. But I still regard pineapple on pizza as a bad idea, similar to how I regard combining cheese with seafood or combining ketchup with anything (ketchup is an abomination unto mankind as far as I am concerned).

14. Nodred

Nodred Potato Taster Nerdfighter

I had a heated debate the other day regarding what a pizza even is. The conclusions from that debate were inconclusive but we both needed some time to calm down. :pP

You can put a lot of things on pizza. Its versatility is what makes it so amazing, among other things like it being the solitary superior food of the gods. But if you put pineapple on it, you are doing your yeasty-tomaty gift of mankind a disservice. Try bananas if you really absolutely crave to put something sweet on there, but even then...

15. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

It's just that pineapple and ham have traditionally gone together, and on pizza it's a homage to Hawaii. Many people think it tastes very good, so it's not just an aberrant phenomenon. Bananas on the other hand... but then being in Africa now... I guess bananas (or even plantains) can go on a lot of things... Strictly traditional pizza has only tomato sauce and basil. I know some people that can't stand cheese on anything, and think it an abomination on pizza. (And don't even begin with what the Japanese put on their pizza!) So, it all comes down to a matter of taste.

16. Tzaphqiel

Tzaphqiel Potato Taster Lifetime V.I.P.

Like sweet corn and mayonnaise?

Well, yeah, 'De gustibus non est disputandum.' and all. But it's still nice to see who does or does not like what.

17. TimeSorceror

TimeSorceror Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

I'm not fond of it, but my mother is. People are gonna like what they like and I'm not in any position to say whether they're wrong or not. ;)

18. Forchyy

Forchyy Coffee Fueled Adventurer Lifetime V.I.P.

I love pineapple on pizza! especially with ham and onions. Mmmmmmmm