Nerdcrafteria Post Office

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by clairehead, Dec 29, 2016.

1. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

It seemed to work when I made that... The banners did need to be fastened to blocks of glass, but that doesn't interfere with chests (you can put glass blocks directly above chests and they still open). I didn't know if there was a redstone wire above the element so I was concerned that a glass block there wouldn't work. I will send the stuff needed sometime today (when I have time to play) after I procure them. I thank whoever sent the orchids. That was very nice. I think the shops really need help with gathering some things. I suppose that it must be difficult to keep one well stocked with a variety of goods.

If something won't work let me know.

2. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

I actually just checked if this design would work and it would. You are still able to access the chest through the banners so unless the problem was something else i believe that Peach's design should work :)

3. M. Peach

I delivered the stuff to your box Xander.

4. Xander_Fury

Xander_Fury Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Done and done! I didn't know banners only had hit boxes on the top half :p

5. AshtonLattanzi

AshtonLattanzi Tree Puncher Lifetime V.I.P.

Can I use Purple #7?

6. M. Peach

Is this still operative? For some reason the mailbox at my house is unset, and I don't remember how to reset it. (What I wrote down on a paper doesn't seem to work.)

7. Xander_Fury

Xander_Fury Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Claire's post office was just a player project, and as Claire is semi-permanently AFK, it's no longer in operation. The post office plugin is/was a server operated thing, which seems to be gone? My box is non-functional as well, but I don't have details.

8. Oranges13

Oranges13 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

I noticed this after the update, I'm guessing it's since then, but yeah with Clairehead gone I don't know who would pick it up.

Besides that though even the normal post boxes aren't working.

9. Banesidhe

Banesidhe Floofy Lifetime V.I.P.

Has anyone submitted a bug report? :)

10. Oranges13

Oranges13 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Thanks Banesidhe, I just did :)

11. M. Peach

So, if the post office was reclaimed then all of the decorative things are gone too... I'll have to remember that next time there is such a project (and not put something like a player head in there.)

12. Stormy

Stormy Alpaca Lord Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Hi folks,

In regards to PostalService, you can check out our wiki here. It is not working as of the update to 1.12, and we are actively looking for a new plugin. If you have any ideas on plugins we could use, please submit them here!

13. clairehead

clairehead Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

What player head was it? I can replace it for you if you'd like :)

14. M. Peach

It was my own. I received two of them (among others) from my secret llama last year (now the year before last, technically) and I put one on an armor stand in my house in Solara and the other I used as decorative material for my post office box. The post office was a nice idea. I'm sorry it went under before I could use it much. (This last year had been an unusually busy one for me.)

One more question... If the mailbox plug in is now gone, how do we give stuff to another person? (Maybe I should set up a "donation" style mail box, sort of like some of the shops have.)

15. clairehead

clairehead Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

Aw that's cute, what's your IGN again?