Nerdcrafteria Post Office

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by clairehead, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Xander_Fury

Xander_Fury Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

You've got right! The hopper for each mailbox is behind the left most trapdoor, and you'll know your mail is ready to be delivered because the indicator light will come on.

2. clairehead

clairehead Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

3. flash_fire13

flash_fire13 Collector of Stuff Staff Member Moderator

Can I have Green 7? :D

4. Oranges13

Oranges13 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Is Orange 7 still available?

5. clairehead

It's yours now!

6. CLyane

CLyane Teacher of Toddlers Lifetime V.I.P.

I'll take Blue #6, please!

And should we ever need to relinquish ownership of a mailbox, how would you prefer it done? PM on the forums or in-game? What about if players go AFK (with a valid form)? Would you like notice of that as well?
    stop being critical just enjoy things, Lyane omg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. clairehead

Done!
    Re your questions - a forum msg would be great, and in the event someone's AFK for longer than 3 weeks I can check the forum myself :)

8. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

2017-01-03_11.49.22.png I thought I could show everyone what you can do even in a small area. This is my own personal style but it's just an example :)

9. Zombiedragon2001

Zombiedragon2001 Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Great idea! Could I have Red #5 please? IGN is zombiedragon2001.

10. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Can I have Blue #2? If that's not available then something else in Blue, or Purple if Blue is all gone.

11. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

We can be neighbours!

12. clairehead

Blue #2 is available! What's your IGN?

13. M. Peach

What's IGN? If you want my in game name (oh, "In Game Name" = IGN, right?) it's M_Peach.
    I'm not sure how the "decorations" work, but I like the idea of decorating. I'll have to explore that option.
    I'm also not quite sure how regular mail boxes work. I have one on my Solara plot, but I just bought another plot, to put a zoo on, and don't intend to have one on it even though I'm not sure if you can or can't have them on additional plots.

14. clairehead

You can set up to 5 mailboxes total using the plugin :)

15. Theo da Kaffei

Theo da Kaffei Sign Stacker Staff Member Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

Expanding on what claire said: The mailboxes are just interfaces for the central gui of the plugin. So whether you have 1 or 5 mailboxes (=chest from which to access the plugin) you still only have one actual inbox (=area in the gui where all your mail will show up).

In theory you don't even need 1 physical mailbox yourself, as you can use those other people set up: Each physical mailbox connected to the plugin will let you access your own inbox, regardless of who set it up and where it is located. Similar to EnderChests.

@clairehead This is so cute!!!
    I would take a spot on Purple just because of the pond, but since I don't do purple can I be neighbor of @keeko4 at Orange #2 please?

16. Elenna84

Elenna84 Pig Jockey Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Purple 4 please!

17. M. Peach

Thanks for the info, Theo. I didn't know they were like ender chests in that way. By the way, Clairhead (should we call you Claire like Theo did?), how do we convey decoration ideas? Can full sized banners cover the redstone element and chest rather than half banners and trap doors? Do we need to supply the post office with all decorative items?

18. Xander_Fury

Decoration is extremely flexible within each given space, the only fixed requirements are the indicator light and trap doors or openings to access the chest and hopper. You should have ready any materials you want to use, but we have lots of stuff handy, we'll be happy to help if there's something you can't find or run out of :) I haven't been on much the last week, my cold turned into full blown bronchitis, but if you see me on and want to decorate, give me a poke!

19. M. Peach

Is something like this (only with my player head) possible? I didn't get a good look at the space over the redstone element and behind the trap door.
    2017-01-10_16.14.41.png
    I either have (including the banners and player head) or can make or get all of the elements except maybe the blue orchids. There are none in the shops. I would have to take out all of the ones I have in my garden at my Solara house to get them, but I could do that. I could procure all of the items and deposit them sometime tomorrow.

20. Xander_Fury

This will work fine except for one thing, the hitboxes on banners are a full block wide, despite the model not appearing to be. With the design you have here, there would be no access to the chest. We'll have to maintain either a trap door or opening above it to be able to send on your mail. :) Go ahead and put whatever banners and materials you want to use in my mailbox via the hopper and I'll set it up following this template next time I'm on. I have plenty of orchids, so no worries there!

Edit: Well apparently somebody feels your orchid related pain, they sent you a stack via warp mail! :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017