Nerdcrafteria Post Office

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by clairehead, Dec 29, 2016.

1. clairehead

clairehead Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

Howdy all,

Like the convenience of the /mail plugin, but miss the community values of the pre-reset post offices? Well fret no more because now you can have both! Introducing
    Warp Mail, a new player run post office!

How it works:
    • Comment here, or send me (clairehead) a message asking for a mailbox, including your preference for which one (there’s seven colour coded floors, and seven mailboxes on each floor - i.e. I have Red #1). I’ll send you a msg letting you know when you have a mailbox

• There’s no rent, but like town plots if you’re AFK for more than three weeks without a form your mailbox will be reset (if you decorated your mailbox your items will be mailed back to you).

• When you have mail, the lamp behind your mailbox ID will light up to alert you, and a courier will send you your items/gifts/love letters at the earliest convenience. While you’ll still ultimately receive all your mail through the plugin, the post office is a great way for players to mass-send items (like mazagines ;)), or send anonymous gifts. At the moment the couriers are myself and Xander so you can also ping us while we’re online if you want to check your mail :) (Unfortunately this is the only way to do it, I was totally prepared to password protect every block on the plot so you guys could check your own mailboxes, but sadly hoppers can’t feed items into password protected chests)
    • Last but not least, have fun with it! This is truly a community driven concept, and I'm really hoping y'all are as excited about it as me and Xander are. I know I'll be sending you all mail on the regular!

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guide to decorating your PO box:

It's highly recommended on the server not to allow people onto your plot for the purpose of occupying a small space of it, and I ain't one to mess with the law, so unfortunately people won't be able to hand decorate their mailboxes, but it'd still be great for people to be able to add a bit of personal flair to their space! Given the small space there's only a handful of things that can be done, but should you want any altercations I'm only a message away :) Here's a lil list of what can be done
    • The clay above the mailboxes can be replaced - if the clay is above a solid block it can be replaced with an item, otherwise with another block
    • Additional signs can be added, just let me know what you want them to say & if there's any colours
    • Paintings/item frames can be added (just not vines!), and the painting hiding the comparator can be changed if you have a favourite
    • The banners covering the chests can be replaced with other designs
    I can make these altercations myself, but if you're wanting to include any valuable blocks/items, or named items in item frames and such just mail them and let me know it's for your PO box. Obviously you don't have to decorate your mailbox, Xander's made them beautiful enough already, but I wanted to keep the Post Office concept as close to what it used to be within the confines of being player-run.

That's all, folks! Let me know if you have any questions, and get mailing :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Ardanna

Ardanna Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Could I have Purple #1, please? I love purple and I'm lazy, so that would suit me perfectly. My ingame name is also Ardanna.

3. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Could I please have Blue #1? Blue is by far my favourite colour (although I am temped to suggest a rainbow floor) My ingame name is tomsk31. Like my forums name.

4. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Also, I assume that you would make the chests public for the sake of being able to access them and then the person locks their chest? Or is it an honour system of not taking from other people's mail boxes.

EDIT: However, locking the chests wouldn't work because then a hopper can't put items in the chest so assume it would be an honour system?

5. Ardanna

Ardanna Potato Taster Nerdfighter

If you throw something at the hopper, the hopper will take it even if it's not on your plot. You just can't open the hopper to place things in it.

6. Luxoh

Luxoh Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Glad to have a post office again! :)
    Could I have Red #4?

My ingame name is Luxoh_

7. clairehead

Done!

And done! Also, if warp mail should ever need an expansion (which if we did would be the best day of my life), a rainbow floor would be an excellent idea!

Sadly, an honour system is too risky & hard to track, so players won't be able to open mailboxes themselves. Xander has however built a beautiful indicator light to show you whether or not you have mail (on = yes), and when you do it'll be zipped over to your /mail mailbox as soon as possible. While I'm sad about that, as the rented space was obviously a big element to the staff-run post offices, I always thought gift giving was the fun part anyway :p (speaking of, you both have welcome gifts!)

8. clairehead

Done! Let me know if any of you want to decorate your mailboxes :)

9. QuestionTues_FTW

QuestionTues_FTW Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

This sounds like a cool idea, and even though I get very little mail to begin with I'm willing to grab a mailbox. Can I have Blue #4?

Edit: Username is same as forums, forgot to add that xD

10. OhMagicalUnicornLord

OhMagicalUnicornLord Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Could I have Green 1, please? My IGN is OhMagicalUnicorn. :D

11. Star.5

Star.5 Cave Explorer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

Could I have Blue #5, please? :) My username is StarElements.

12. clairehead

QT, Uni & Star are mailboxed & welcome gifted-up!

13. QuestionTues_FTW

QuestionTues_FTW Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Next time we're both on, I'd like to do some modifications to my mailbox. :)

14. Banesidhe

Banesidhe Floofy Lifetime V.I.P.

We are in no way discouraging this, just adding the standard reminders/disclaimers:

This is not a Staff-supported system, it's player run. Use at your own risk, Staff can't replace/refund/be held responsible for any items lost using this system, and/or through any items lost via plot reclaim. Etc, yadda. :)

That officially said, have fun and enjoy!

15. clairehead

Just to add to this - as far as the delivery system goes, different mailbox contents' will never be in the same inventory during transit, and the mailbox used to forward gifts is on the plot so items can be immediately sent. I'm confident this is the most trustworthy system possible given the confines of a player-run system. If anyone has any questions/concerns though please let me know! :)

16. snailespionage

snailespionage Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

Can I have green 2? ign is aquaarmor23

17. clairehead

Mailbox set, welcome gift sent :)
    (From now on, so I don't clog the thread with messages I'll just like your post when your mailbox is set)

18. AmazingSky5058

AmazingSky5058 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

May I please have Blue #7? IGN is AmazingSky5058. Awesome idea Claire!

19. keeko4

keeko4 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

very cute!! could i please have a mailbox on the orange floor? any number is fine :)

20. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Do I understand right? So a player can go to the post office and drop a item in the hopper of the mail box of anyone there and then that item will be sent to the person's plot mailbox by the post office staff. It seems convenient, anyone can send even if they don't have a box there, and no one has to come pick their mail up. Is that it?