Is there a mesa this reset?

Discussion in 'Worlds Chat' started by clairehead, Nov 1, 2016.

1. clairehead

clairehead Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

Here's the dealio~

Starting tomorrow, once a month till forever I'll give $500 to the first person to
    comment here with the co-ordinates to a mesa biome. Easy money for explorers!

I'm hoping this will be a fun way to make sure everyone has equal opportunity to gather mesa materials, in leu of the same person finding & setting a warp every reset. For obvious reasons, if the biome has already been mostly mined I won't count it, sorry!

Any biomes reported here will be listed in the thread Monthyl Mineworld Biomes.

Thanks in advance!
    -
    Claire

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Elenna84

Elenna84 Potato Taster Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

No mesa I'm afraid this month unless they extend mineworld again

I try to get a full map of mineworld up within a few days of reset each month at /warp map
    So as people go mesa hunting, if they feel like helping me by carrying and completing a fully zoomed out map, let me know & I will pay you lots of llamas!

3. Gloindin

Gloindin Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Can i just like add to this. :p
    If someone has the coords of a mega taiga then i shall pay 500ll, because podzel is basically nonexistent.
    Furthermore ice spikes biome, 5k reward.
    All of these coords would be public knowledge for people wanting to mine packed ice or podzel.

4. clairehead

Should we just make another thread titled "rare biomes 4 $$"? :p

5. Taffythecat

Taffythecat Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Yes. Yes we should. Also, I won't pay anything for it, but I will bring into the idea mushroom islands :D

6. Abros

Abros Potato Taster Nerdfighter

If podzol's in demand I should try to spread some I got at my thistledom plot to dirt.

But back to biome topic... Yes.

7. OhMagicalUnicornLord

OhMagicalUnicornLord Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

Podzol doesn't spread, unfortunately.
    (Sorry to further derail the conversation, Claire...) >.>

Also, I agree that a general "I need a biome/generated structure" thread should be a thing.

8. Elenna84

So here's November's rare biomes for taffythecat. No mesa that I can see I'm afraid

This month there is a mushroom island biome at 923, 60, -1328
    (head North East from /mine or look for the purple dot in the top right of /warp map)
    It's a little island, but there's still room for people to build cute mushroom homes (or a floating village??).

Remember folks, mycellium spreads across dirt, so you only need to harvest a little to have a large supply. There are also lots of mooshrooms wondering around - don't kill them all!
    2016-11-07_12.29.28.png
    2016-11-07_12.29.44.png
    2016-11-07_12.31.07.png
    2016-11-07_12.30.14.png

9. Ardanna

Ardanna Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Haven't found a mesa yet, but I did find, and elder-guardian-cleared, an ocean monument. There are still loads of prismarine left in it as well.
    Can be found at roughly y -676 x -62 and heading northwest.

10. Ducomors

Ducomors Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

There is a giant Mooshroom island, No idea coords but ask around I am sure someone knows.

11. Elenna84

The mushroom island is at 576, 897 (head East-SouthEast from spawn). You can also see it at warp map in purple.

There's also a cute jungle in the extreme south west and ocean everywhere.

They are some the few places I have been able to map this month. (I miss fly!)

12. Bfq2011

Bfq2011 Cave Explorer Nerdfighter

As well, to add to the convo, there's a flower forest right on the edge, at 1500/-500.

13. Bfq2011

Bfq2011 Cave Explorer Nerdfighter

Excuse the necropost, but two flower forests to report for this month, one (larger) at roughly 450/-200, and another (smaller) at roughly -900/900.

14. Theo da Kaffei

Theo da Kaffei Sign Stacker Staff Member Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

This is indeed slightly confusing information here :p

If I may suggest @clairehead, how about collecting biome coords in this post and you (or someone else) making an update thread each first week with a list of the biomes that have been found/reported? You could then link this thread in the Update Thread and vice versa each month. Would make it a bit more structured ;)

I mean, technically it was after the time limit but resets only happen once every 4 months, so that shouldn't be a problem. And if y'all want to do this each reset we could maybe simply pin this thread, so that y'all know it's not necroposting (pinned threads are excempt from the time limit).

15. Elenna84

I could do the update each month - I collect the coords as I create warp map each month so it wouldn't be any additional work. If you could pin the thread then that would also be awesome. Or if someone else wants to then that's also fine!

16. clairehead

This is a great idea, warp map is fabulous! Might be a good idea to make your own post to be pinned though to avoid confusion in the title :eek:

17. Theo da Kaffei

So to make a clarification and slight correction:
    As it turns out, current policy is to only pin staff threads. (correction)
    Since I wasn't quite sure of that, I added the "maybe" in there but I should maybe have made it more clear. (clarification)

Regardless though, having a dedicated thread for discussion and one for listing is still a good thing. :)

18. Elenna84

Not a problem and sorry to miss the maybe - I was reading it at an airport.. :)

What's the best way for me to approach it? I could either
    - add to the post I made yesterday each month, but that would probably be necroposting & I'm not sure how many people care about it
    - create a new post each month
    - just make some status updates
    - Or.. I could put the text I made in an in-game book each month and let people buy them from warp map

What do you all think?

19. M. Peach

M. Peach Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

It was so nice to have a jungle right next to the spawn! I'm building a zoo and there were no jungle saplings in the shops for the ocelot habitat. All I had to do was go a little way from the spawn and I could get as many saplings as I wanted! :) (Maybe with my new armor, and maybe a dog and a cat, I can venture even farther.)

20. Theo da Kaffei

My suggestion would be to make a new post each month.
    Aside from me not thinking it possible to alter a post after so long you would also out on the thread appearing again in the "Recently" list.

I also would like to make a link to this thread in your OP, arian, as well as a link to your thread in this thread's OP -with yours and @clairehead's permission of course.
    They are connected after all.