"The next time someone asks you why LGBT Pride marches exist or why [LGBT] Pride Month is June tell them 'A bisexual woman named Brenda Howard thought it should be.'"
Today is the start of June, a month also known as Pride Month that has been declared a month of overcoming prejudice and discrimination.
To celebrate this month on the server we decided to have a bit of fun with some of the colorful pride flags that represent sexual orientations and gender identities.
So I'm happy to announce a new month long event:
Throughout this entire month, you will be able to collect 10 different colors of berries to complete pride flag related sets and get prizes. Of course we can't inculde all variations of pride flags in this so we limited it to 6 of the more common ones. We didn't entirely forget other identities though. At /warp prideflags, MOGAI, an active player organisation founded to support acceptance of sexual and gender idendity varieties, and staff members worked together to create a lovely pride viallage that will include a few more flags and an explanation of what they represent.
Which kinds of colors you need to complete a flag will depend on the flag's colors and will be slightly simplified. That means for example that royal blue, light blue, and cyan will all be represented by blueberries and pinkberries will also be used for magenta. To claim the prize for a set you need to right click the trade siigns at /warp prideflags with the appropriate number and kinds of berries in your inv. Should you be able to complete all 6 sets, you can /modreq to get a special extra prize!
How to get berries:
If you pay attention while on the server maybe you will be able to find a few other more secret ways to get berries too.
- Hunt monsters:
Starting today, mobs will drop colored berries. Different mobs drop different kinds of berries with varying probabilities.
- Get [Color Crate] keys:
Rainbowberries will be available as a special vote shop offer this month. It also seems like some mobs got their hands on them too. These Rainbowberries will get you 5 random colors of berries if used on the crate in our little pride village.
- Win them at the staff auction:
Related to this event there will be a special **PRIDE MONTH THEMED STAFF AUCTION ON JUNE 10TH AT 4PM EDT!**. The chests will be themed around some of the meanings behind the colors of one of the first versions of the LGBT pride flag. You can find more information on auctions in general at the bottom of this post.
What to do and not to do with berries:
- Share them with friends.
You are allowed to join your efforts and collect the brries as a team. However, you will have to share the prizes you get. You won't get doubles.
- Trade them.
You are allowed to sell them in your shops or trade them directly with other players. The grumpy old man living on the Viridian Isles might be interested too.
- Use them as a Secret Llama gift.
With those two event happening parallel to each other, berries, especially rarer ones, might make a great SL gift. Keep an eye on your assigned Llama to see if they are collecting and what they might need.
- Enhance your hunting experience with Averice's, Ancients' or Warrior's boons.
While the drops won't get more common with boons or looting swords, you can of course increase your chances to fight more mobs and get more reward by increasing your mobilty, strength and money drops. That way you might even earn some money to bid in the auction.
- Plant them...
but don't expect to be able to harvest more berries that way. They will act as normal seeds when planted.
- Wear them as a hat.
I... uhm... yes, I guess you could do that too...
We hope you'll have fun collecting!
- DON'T try to snatch away item drops from other hunters. That's just forgetting to be awesome.
- DON'T kill other player's pets in attempts to get berries. It's against the CoC and will get you in trouble.
- DON'T try to get them from Horses, Llamas, Sheep, cavespiders, or golems. They won't drop berries.
This event will end with mineworld reset on July 1st.
General Auction Info:
- /warp auction will lead you there once the chests and decorations are set up.
- All bidding must be done via private message. The staff will make it clear who you should message. Bids made in public chat will not be counted, and could put you at risk of receiving a mute.
- Starting Prices will be 1000 ll for each chests. Bids must increase by 250 llamas per bid, with the increment growing to 1000 llamas per bid once we reach 40k. Please ensure you have the money you are bidding in your account at the time - if you can’t pay after winning, your chest will be sold to the next highest bidder.
- If you plan on bidding as a team, please keep it to 3 players max. Realistically, there is only one special lore item per chest, and there isn’t going to be enough in the chest to split fairly between lots of people.
- Think of your fellow players too. Don't buy more than 2 chests for yourself please.