There is a sprawling desert in the world of Nerdcrafteria. Since the server first was born, there were rumors of things out in the desert, and the shifting sands would reveal and hide such mysteries until such time as they were ready to be discovered. First there was a tower, full of old pharaohs and kings, guarded by eternal flame. Then the magical djinn revealed a lost Sphinx, huge and terrifying. Over the last year, more and more of an ancient civilization has emerged and attracted secrets and mysteries within its imposing walls.
The brave staff of Nerdcrafteria, led by the intrepid Snikkidoo, have been working diligently to clean out the broken pottery and skeletons and make the place habitable for players. For the past few months, Professor Snikki and her team of archaeologists have found that the city had much more to offer and explore than they ever thought possible....
~Before I begin announcing, I feel it is important to say a thing or two about the contest. The judges and myself would agree, there were some truly incredible builds entered. The creativity, both structural and conceptual was downright impressive! As I went through and checked out all of the builds, I found myself chuckling at the cleverness behind the ideas. As a result, it made it pretty hard for us to determine...
So I got bored and did the Forum Permissions ahead of schedule during the quiet part of the evening. I tested and vetted as much as I could, but inevitably I'm going to miss SOMETHING somewhere.
In addition to the permissions edits, the following things happened:
- Staff now have a dark box around their text in every post they make. This is a way to quickly and easily distinguish when a staff member is posting versus when a player is posting. Along those same lines, staff usernames have changed color to the respective rank they correspond to in-game (roughly).
- Bug reports can now be filed by going to the Bug Reports forum and clicking the button that would normally allow you to post a thread in the section - instead, it will direct you to the bug report form to fill out a report!
- The AFK section does the same thing as the Bug Reports section.
- Lifetime VIPs may notice that their rank has disappeared, and they've been demoted down to Nerdfighter again. In order to...
At some time tomorrow, the forum permissions system will be wiped and reset. The first time it was set up it wasn't done properly (because I didn't know what I was doing) so this is intended to undo the damage and set it right once and for all.
This should affect folks very little besides a period of time (1-3 hours) during which various functions of the forum will be partially or totally unavailable for your use. This could vary from the wiki being locked to the whole forum being invisible to all VIPs. Just know that by tomorrow evening, everything is expected to be back to normal, and we'll post on this thread when that's done.
Thanks for your patience. If there is something you need right away on the forums, email firstname.lastname@example.org, make a ticket in-game, or send a message to the Twitter or Tumblr.
Hey, guys! You may or may not have noticed, but with the most recent forum update we've been given the option to add a whole ton of custom smiley faces to our forums for your use in day-to-day text conversation. And in order to make it a little more inclusive, we've decided to open up the ability to choose what those custom smileys and whatnot are - to YOU!
If you have a knack for art or just want to see your favorite emoticon included on the forums, then this is exactly the way to get that done. Here are the rules:
1. The smiley must be 18x18px (or some multiple of this, for high-def images) in size, with a transparent background if it's not perfectly square. Additionally, totally square icons are less likely to be included, since they have a bizarre clipping issue most of the time unless properly formatted. We'll make every effort to include it, but it might just simply not be possible.
2. The smiley must not be vulgar or offensive. This should go without saying....